The Comet Pride

On The Road To Victory!

Sarah Moore, Staff Writer

On October 10th at Clayton High School, the Clayton Comets held the start of the playoff games. With the phenomenal regular season record (11-0) the Clayton Comets planned on not only advancing their record but advancing further in the Playoffs. Besides the record and the playoffs, the Clayton Comets took the time to recognize not only their hard work but also the veterans and the currently active military by wearing red socks with their uniform.

With a strong start for the Comets, Trevaun Richardson scores with a 15 yd rushing touchdown. After Northwood has the chance of scoring, Clayton Comets quarterback Austin Cagle throws a 43 yd pass to Elyjah Bradshaw for another touchdown. Eventually completing the first half with a total of five touchdowns. At the beginning of the second half Austin Cagle threw a 29 yd pass to Devin Carter to complete the sixth touchdown for the Clayton Comets. Between both of these teams, there were multiple fumbles and recoveries. Both teams continued to fight through the last quarter but the Clayton Comets won down to the last second.

It was a cold Friday night but the Clayton Comets were on fire. Whether it was from the support of the fans or the support from the student section, the Clayton Comets began playoffs better than anyone could have imagined.  Make sure to come out to Comet Country this upcoming Friday at 7:30pm to watch the Cleveland Rams against the Clayton Comets.