The Comet Pride

Clubs All In

Rebecca Jenkins, Staff Writer

This year, Clayton High School started a new group, called Clubs All In. The goal of Clubs All In is to bring together all of the clubs in our school to accomplish goals that help the whole school, or goals that a single club would like help with.

This idea of bringing the school’s clubs together was started by Carmen Sierra, one of the Spanish teachers here, as well as the sponsor of Clayton High School National Honors Society and Spanish Club. The first time this idea was presented was when the Spanish Club wanted to donate items to Puerto Rico after the hurricane. Ms. Sierra brought the clubs of the school together, where they collectively donated toiletry items, canned goods, bottled water, feminine products, and baby items. The school clubs collectively donated 779 items for Puerto Rico.

The second time the clubs got together was to welcome our foreign exchange students and students from other countries. The school’s clubs got together in Ms. Sierra’s room with posters to represent each club, while we welcomed them in different languages. The exchange students taught us how to say “welcome” in their languages. The students that were present were from Spain, Italy, China, Japan, and Afghanistan.  

Ms. Sierra has lots of ideas for Clubs All in, including First Priority leading a prayer for Las Vegas and a food drive before Thanksgiving, to give on Thanksgiving. Ms. Sierra says she doesn’t want to to spend lots of money, just show that she cares. In the meeting, she said “Everybody is important. No matter if you’re president or vice president, you matter because you’re here and you care.”