The Comet Pride

All-County Chorus

Lauren McKoy, Staff Writer

Once again Clayton High students have gone above and beyond. The entire Honors Choir class at Clayton High School has made it into All-County Chorus. All-County is a singing event where students audition and then practice and rehearse for a concert. To participate they have to audition and at Clayton High, Honors Choir is required to audition.

The All-County process can be stressful but students gain many friendships and support throughout the experience. First, students receive a song to practice and must send in a video of themselves singing the song as their audition. If accepted, they are allowed to learn the music and refine their performance through the two rehearsals that lead up to the concert on Nov. 1 at South Johnston High School.

Students at Clayton High are extremely excited for their performance and the chance to show off how hard they have worked here. The students said it is very convenient that everyone in the Honors class has been accepted because unlike other schools they can work together. They also said knowing that they are singing alongside their friends can ease their nerves.

Students like Juliana Gorena and Guy McIntyre are eager to participate. Gorena said “It’s fun because you get to collaborate with professionals during rehearsals and practice in a larger chorus.” McIntyre said “ I also like the chance to go and see people from other schools. You build friendships with others who share the same interests . and to hear the sound at the end of it is beautiful.”