The Comet Pride

See You at the Pole

Dionna Shepherd, Editor in Chief

On September 27, 2017 many people around Johnston County gathered at schools before school started and prayed for the school, overall events, and the world as a whole. This event is called See You at the Pole and it took place at Clayton High School from 6:45- 7:05 am. Over 40 people showed up for this event and prayed for the safety of the school and overall greatness.

Mr.Smith started the event by talking about Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), a club at Clayton High School. He mentioned how much commitment needed to be given along with membership information. FCA Co-President, Garrett Hale, then prayed for See You at the Pole as an overall event as it was taking place at schools all around the county. Students then broke off into smaller circles and began to pray for specific requests. Families were prayed for, along with hurricane victims, tests and quizzes, sports events that are coming up were being prayed for as well. Prayers began to come to a close and Mr.Smith began thanking everyone for coming out and participating in this special event. He then served BoBerry biscuits for everyone to take back to class.

In Johnston County, over 20 schools participated in See You at the Pole this year and at every school it was a major success. It took place at different times and many different locations but it had one purpose which was to pray over schools around the world.